Private Tour of Berlin
See the sites at your pace. See the places larger groups cannot get to and tailor the tour to your interests. This narrated journey will take you to some of the most significant historical sites of the 20th-century.
Next is the WWII Memorial, featuring the emotionally moving sculpture by Kathe Kollwitz of a mother and her dying son, dedicated to the victims of WWII. The end of the Cold War meant that Berliners and visitors could once again enjoy the majestic triumphal arch, the Brandenburg Gate, which once was a symbol of the division between East and West. The Gate today has been restored to its original splendor.
You will have many photo opportunities as you continue on this historical tour of Berlin. You will see Checkpoint Charlie, where Russian and American tanks once faced off at this former border crossing between East and West Berlin and Reichstag, originally constructed from 1884 to 1894 to house the parliament of the newly-founded German Empire, now renovated and one of the city's major landmarks.
More of the sites you will see and hear about as you continue on this tour are the Schauspielhaus Concert Hall, a great masterpiece of German classical architecture and Gendarmenmarkt,the 17th-century square, the site of the twin French and German cathedrals.
You will be taken by the Bebelplatz where in 1933 the burgeoning Nazi Party held its infamous book burning in the square.
Departures (Local Time)
7:30 AM (Hours: 12)
- Sedan for up to 3 people
- Complimentary breakfast snack
- Beverages and snacks in the Sedan
- Guides in Berlin are available in Spanish, French, Chinese, Hebrew and other languages as well.
Excursions listed for a port may not be available for every cruise.
At the cruise ship pier. The specific meeting location at the pier will be listed in your confirmation email and voucher for this shore excursion. See the 'Redemption and Voucher Details' section below.
Redemption and Voucher Details
- After you complete your booking, your credit card will be charged and our expert Shore Excursion Concierge agents will 'hand'-review your shore excursion selections against your cruise itinerary to confirm compatibility. Your credit card statement will list the merchant for the charges as Port Promo Cruise Tours.
- You will receive an email within 72 hours of booking from email@example.com which confirms your booking and contains the vouchers required for your shore excursions. Please print these vouchers and bring them with you on your cruise. You will be required to turn the voucher(s) in to the corresponding shore excursion supplier(s). The vouchers feature information regarding how to meet up with the tour leader upon arrival to a port and other important details.
- Your tour is completely refundable if your ship is unable to get into port or due to weather cancellations. See our terms and conditions for complete details.