Private Visit to Leeds Castle, Canterbury, White Cliffs of Dover, Greenwich and River Cruise
Imagine yourself on an island with 500 acres of beautifully landscaped parkland as you visit the Leeds Castle, which is situated in the heart of Kent countryside. Unusually located, it sits on an island, and its idyllic setting led Lord Conway to describe it as "the loveliest castle in the world". As one of the first groups to visit the castle, it will almost be a private visit!
Then on to Canterbury, a fascinating medieval city that has been the center of English Christianity since St Augustine was sent here by Pope Gregory in 597 AD. The orginal church was rebuilt in the 11th century as the magnificent cathedral we will visit today. Of the 104 Archbishops to date, possibly the most famous is Thomas Becket,who was gruesomely murdered in the cathedral in 1170.
Next you'll travel to the White Cliff's of Dover, a port for almost 2000 years. We will see Dover Castle, the White Cliffs of Dover and the English Channel.
Greenwich, designed by Sir Christopher Wren, will be our next stop. The Old Royal Naval College dominates the waterfront and is an outstanding example of 17th century baroque architecture. You will also be able to see the famous Royal Observatory, housing the Prime Meridian.
We will take a delightful cruise on the Thames River from Greenwich, past superb riverside views of London, to the Embankment pier.
- Private visit to Leeds Castle
- Exclusive Mead tour
- Entry to Canterbury Cathedral
- See the White Cliffs of Dover
- See Dover Castle
- See Naval College in Greenwich & Observatory
- River Thames boat ride from Greenwich to Embankment
Make sure to bring your camera. Excursions listed for a port may not be available for every cruise.
The specific meeting location at the pier will be listed in your confirmation email and voucher for this shore excursion. See the 'Redemption and Voucher Details' section below.
Redemption and Voucher Details
- After you complete your booking, your credit card will be charged and our expert Shore Excursion Concierge agents will 'hand'-review your shore excursion selections against your cruise itinerary to confirm compatibility. Your credit card statement will list the merchant for the charges as Port Promo Cruise Tours.
- You will receive an email within 72 hours of booking from firstname.lastname@example.org which confirms your booking and contains the vouchers required for your shore excursions. Please print these vouchers and bring them with you on your cruise. You will be required to turn the voucher(s) in to the corresponding shore excursion supplier(s). The vouchers feature information regarding how to meet up with the tour leader upon arrival to a port and other important details.
- Your tour is completely refundable if your ship is unable to get into port or due to weather cancellations. See our terms and conditions for complete details.