Waimea Canyon, Wailua River & Fern Grotto
Ride with us up the mountain to the 3,400 foot level and overlook Waimea Canyon, "the Grand Canyon of the Pacific." We promise a visual history along the way – Old Koloa Town, circa 1834, heart of Hawaii's first sugar cane plantation, and Waimea, the little town that grew up where Captain Cook first set foot in Hawaii in 1778. Take a leisurely cruise down the Wailua River to the botanical beauty of the Fern Grotto. Here, the "Hawaiian Wedding Song" is a natural match in this lush environment. So bring somebody you love. The overlook at Opaekaa Falls is another romantic stop that will surely secure your love of our Garden Island.
*This combo takes place over two days. On Thursday, from 10.30AM to 3.30PM, you will visit the magnificent Waimea Canyon. On Friday, from 8:30AM to 11:45AM, you will visit the Wailua River & Fern Grotto.
Departures (Local Time)
10:30 AM (Hours: 9.5)
- Guided Waimea Canyon Tour
- Guided Wailua River Cruise
Be sure to bring your camera. You will be brought back to your ship for lunch and picked back up at the pier for the second portion of the tour to Wailua River. Excursions offered may not be available for every cruise ship. Please note the boat and tram are not wheelchair accessible. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. Children aged 2 and older require a ticket to participate.
At the cruise ship pier. The specific meeting location at the pier will be listed in your confirmation email and voucher for this shore excursion. See the 'Redemption and Voucher Details' section below.
Redemption and Voucher Details
- After you complete your booking, your credit card will be charged and our expert Shore Excursion Concierge agents will 'hand'-review your shore excursion selections against your cruise itinerary to confirm compatibility. Your credit card statement will list the merchant for the charges as Port Promo Cruise Tours.
- You will receive an email within 72 hours of booking from email@example.com which confirms your booking and contains the vouchers required for your shore excursions. Please print these vouchers and bring them with you on your cruise. You will be required to turn the voucher(s) in to the corresponding shore excursion supplier(s). The vouchers feature information regarding how to meet up with the tour leader upon arrival to a port and other important details.
- Your tour is completely refundable if your ship is unable to get into port or due to weather cancellations. See our terms and conditions for complete details.