Jewish Heritage Tour
Come join us as we learn about Mikve Israel Emanu-El, mother congregation of the Jews of the Caribbean and the Americas and view the oldest synagogue, in continuous use, in the Western Hemisphere.
View Schottegat, Scharloo, Petermaai, Punda, the oldest Jewish neighborhood congregations in Curaçao, with their beautiful mansions. Your tour will also take you to Beth Haim Cemetery and the oldest Caucasian cemetery. Consecrated in 1659 the tombstones are a living tribute to the ancestors of the members of the Mikve Israel Emanu-El.
Continue on to the Chobolobo Plantation, an old Landhuis (plantation and houses the Curacao liqueur distillery 1896) house that has been in the hands of one Jewish family since the early 19th century.
And not to be missed your tour will include a visit to Mikve Israel Emanu-El, the oldest synagogue in continuous use in the western hemisphere, consecrated in 1732. With its sand covered floor and mahogany furniture, this is a must see sight! Please be aware that the synagogue is often closed on Saturday and Sunday, leaving your view limited to the exterior only.
Please note: This tour requires a MINIMUM OF 10 PASSENGERS AT BOOKING. If you do not have at least 10 passengers in your party, please contact Port Promotions Inc. help desk at 1800-929-4545 to see if we can include you in an existing party, to reach the group minimum.
Departures (Local Time)
9:00 AM (Hours: 3.5)
2:00 PM (Hours: 3.5)
- English speaking tour guide
- Schottegat, Scharloo, Petermaai, Punda
- Beth Haim Cemetery
- Chobolobo Plantation
- Mikve Israel Emaunu-El (entrance fees included)
- Small group
This tour requires a minimum of 10 passengers at time of booking. If you do not have at least 10 passengers in your party, please contact Port Promotions Inc. help desk at 1-800-929-4548 to see if we can include you in an existing party, to reach the group minimum.
At the cruise ship pier. The specific meeting location at the pier will be listed in your confirmation email and voucher for this shore excursion. See the 'Redemption and Voucher Details' section below.
Redemption and Voucher Details
- After you complete your booking, your credit card will be charged and our expert Shore Excursion Concierge agents will 'hand'-review your shore excursion selections against your cruise itinerary to confirm compatibility. Your credit card statement will list the merchant for the charges as Port Promo Cruise Tours.
- You will receive an email within 72 hours of booking from email@example.com which confirms your booking and contains the vouchers required for your shore excursions. Please print these vouchers and bring them with you on your cruise. You will be required to turn the voucher(s) in to the corresponding shore excursion supplier(s). The vouchers feature information regarding how to meet up with the tour leader upon arrival to a port and other important details.
- Your tour is completely refundable if your ship is unable to get into port or due to weather cancellations. See our terms and conditions for complete details.